Friday 24 May 2019

Totara Camp 2019

This week T1 & T2 went on a camp in Hanmer Springs. We left on Monday 20th of May and returned on Wednesday 22nd of May. When we first got there my group had to do mountain biking.  We had to do biking for 2 hours and 30 mins. I really disliked mountain biking because it made me really tired. After mountain biking we drove down to the hot pools. We stayed in the hot pools for about 3 hours then we drove back to camp.

On the second day we got woken up at 7am (I really didnt like that) Kylie said "if looks could kill you would have killed us all" since I'm really grumpy in the mornings. After we had breakfast and stuff we did orientering. Lavinia, Miss Power, Kaleb W's mum and I were in a team. We got 320 point in total which I think is pretty good. After that our group did the cemetary and sculpture walk. I found the sculptures pretty amazing. When we got back to camp we got right into tree climbing. I got up to the top of the tall pine tree but I didnt go up the thicker tree as I was too tired. Later that night we went to the hot pools again.

On the final day we woke up at 7 again and we started to pack our bags to come back to Greymouth. Once we packed we got ready to walk up Conical Hill. It was pretty tiring going up the hill. When we got to the bottom we walked down the the lollie shop. Trent and I combined our money and spent $15. After the walk and lollie shop we went back to the camp site to have lunch. When we all finished lunch we got into our cars to come back to School.

I think the camp was really cool and is definitely my favourite camp. I'd recommend it if you're really into exercise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.